Medical Definition of alternative healing
: alternative medicine Alternative healing is becoming recognized by health insurance companies who will pay for hypnotherapy, acupuncture and other non-Western treatments.— Janice Gallagher, The Miami Herald, 8 Aug. 1999
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game