Medical Definition of alseroxylon
: a complex extract from a rauwolfia (Rauvolfia serpentina) of the Indian subcontinent, Myanmar, Thailand, and Java that has a physiological action resembling but milder than that of reserpine
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game