Medical Definition of albendazole
: a broad-spectrum, anthelmintic drug C12H15N3O2S used especially to treat infections of humans and domestic animals that are caused by larvae of various tapeworms and nematodes Albendazole is a potent parasite killer used to treat neurocysticercosis, or brain tapeworm.— Deborah Nelson, The Washington Post, 18 Dec. 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game