Medical Definition of albendazole
: a broad-spectrum, anthelmintic drug C12H15N3O2S used especially to treat infections of humans and domestic animals that are caused by larvae of various tapeworms and nematodes Albendazole is a potent parasite killer used to treat neurocysticercosis, or brain tapeworm.— Deborah Nelson, The Washington Post, 18 Dec. 2000
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game