Medical Definition of actigraphy
: the use of an actigraph to make a record of the activity level of the body especially in measuring the amount and quality of sleep Actigraphy is an objective test that is useful in identifying sleep-state misperception, sleep-interruption insomnia, and circadian rhythm disorders.— Carlos H. Schenck et al., The Journal of the American Medical Association, 21 May 2003
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game