Medical Definition of actigraphy
: the use of an actigraph to make a record of the activity level of the body especially in measuring the amount and quality of sleep Actigraphy is an objective test that is useful in identifying sleep-state misperception, sleep-interruption insomnia, and circadian rhythm disorders.— Carlos H. Schenck et al., The Journal of the American Medical Association, 21 May 2003
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game