Medical Definition of acromesomelic dysplasia
Note: A person affected with acromesomelic dysplasia has a trunk of normal proportions but extremely short forearms and lower legs as well as small hands and feet. This disorder is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait requiring that both parents pass on a copy of the defective gene on a chromosome other than a sex chromosome.Acromesomelic dysplasia is a nonlethal short stature and short limbs dysplasia … — Phillipe Jeanty et al., in Diagnostic Imaging of Fetal Anomalies, 2003
— called also acromesomelic dwarfism
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game