Medical Definition of acne urticata
: a chronic inflammatory condition of the skin that resembles acne
Note: Acne urticata typically affects middle-aged women. It is marked by the formation of itchy solid, pus-filled, or fluid-filled bumps on the skin usually of the neck, upper arms, trunk, face, or scalp.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game