Medical Definition of acepromazine
: a phenothiazine tranquilizer with anti-nausea properties that is used in veterinary medicine and is administered orally or by injection in the form of its maleate C19H22N2OS·C4H4O4 Many pets are given stronger tranquilizers such as acepromazine when traveling longer distances or flying on an airplane. — Tina Neel, The Oklahoman (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma), 18 June 2007
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game