Medical Definition of accessory cell
: any of various cells in addition to the T cells and B cells that help to generate an immune response specifically : antigen-presenting cell T lymphocytes cannot recognize free antigen but are dependent on antigen presentation by accessory cells. — Adriano Fontana et al., Nature, 19 Jan. 1984
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game