Medical Definition of abfraction
Note: Abfraction is postulated to occur when the force generated by occlusion (as during chewing) causes stress to concentrate on certain points of a tooth. This stress results in tooth flexure and leads to the eventual breaking away of hard tissue.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game