Medical Definition of abetalipoproteinemia
— called also Bassen-Kornzweig syndrome
Note: Common symptoms of abetalipoproteinemia include diarrhea, excess fat in the stools, abnormal star-shaped red blood cells, poor muscle coordination, and progressive neurological and retinal deterioration. Abetalipoproteinemia is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait requiring that both parents pass on a copy of the defective gene on a chromosome other than a sex chromosome.
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- 'Confuzzled': A Not So Confusing Definition
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game