Medical Definition of abetalipoproteinemia
— called also Bassen-Kornzweig syndrome
Note: Common symptoms of abetalipoproteinemia include diarrhea, excess fat in the stools, abnormal star-shaped red blood cells, poor muscle coordination, and progressive neurological and retinal deterioration. Abetalipoproteinemia is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait requiring that both parents pass on a copy of the defective gene on a chromosome other than a sex chromosome.
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game