Wer·ner syndrome | \ ˈver-nər-\
variants: or Werner's syndrome \ -nərz- \
Medical Definition of Werner syndrome
: a rare genetic disorder with onset during adolescence or early adulthood that is characterized by cessation of growth at puberty and by premature and accelerated aging with associated abnormalities (as muscle wasting, cataracts, osteoporosis, and hypogonadism) and that is inherited as an autosomal recessive trait
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game