Medical Definition of Voges-Proskauer reaction
: a method for detecting the presence of acetoin in a bacterial broth culture in which the addition of a concentrated solution of sodium hydroxide produces a red color in the presence of the substance
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game