Medical Definition of UTP
: a phosphorylated nucleoside C9H15N2O15P3 of uridine that is formed by the phosphorylation of uridylic acid and that reacts with glucose-1-phosphate to yield uridine diphosphate glucose in the biosynthetic pathway of glycogen
— called also uridine triphosphate
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game