Medical Definition of T antigen
: any of several proteins that are produced by some tumorigenic DNA viruses (as simian virus 40) when they infect cells and that function in the transformation of normal cells into tumor cells or into tumor-forming cells and in the unwinding and replication of the DNA of the virus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game