Medical Definition of Simplexvirus
: a genus of double-stranded DNA viruses of the family Herpesviridae that usually infect primates including two (HSV-1 and HSV-2) specific for humans and that tend to persist in the host as latent infections in neurons
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?