Medical Definition of Schardinger dextrin
: any of several nonreducing water-soluble low-molecular-weight polysaccharides formed by cultivation of a bacterium of the genus Bacillus (B. macerans) upon starch solutions
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game