Medical Definition of Sandhoff's disease
: a hereditary disorder of lipid metabolism that is closely related to or a variant of Tay-Sachs disease, typically affects individuals of non-Jewish ancestry, and is characterized by great reduction in or absence of both hexosaminidase A and hexosaminidase B
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game