variants: also adenosylmethionine \ (ˌes-)ə-ˌden-ə-ˌsil-mə-ˈthī-ə-ˌnēn, (ˌes-)ˌad-ᵊn-ə-ˌsil- \
Medical Definition of S-adenosylmethionine
: the active sulfonium form of methionine C15H22N6O5S that acts as a methyl group donor in various biochemical transmethylation reactions (as the formation of epinephrine or creatine), that is formed when methionine reacts with ATP, and that is an intermediate in the formation of homocysteine — see same
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?