Rocky Mountain wood ticknoun
Medical Definition of Rocky Mountain wood tick
: a widely distributed wood tick of the genus Dermacentor (D. andersoni) of western North America that is a vector of Rocky Mountain spotted fever and sometimes causes tick paralysis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?