Medical Definition of Renshaw cell
: an inhibitory interneuron in the ventral horn of gray matter of the spinal cord that is held to be reciprocally innervated with a motor neuron so that nerve impulses received by way of processes of the motor neuron stimulate inhibitory impulses back to the motor neuron along an axon of the internuncial cell
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game