Medical Definition of Reduviidae
: a very large and widely distributed family of bloodsucking hemipterous insects comprising the assassin bugs, having a short 3-jointed proboscis that is curved back under the head when at rest, and including vectors of Chagas disease belonging to the genera Rhodnius and Triatoma
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?