Medical Definition of Prototheca
: a genus of unicellular algae that resemble algae of the genus Chlorella but lack chlorophyll and that include two (P. zopfii and P. wickerhamii) that cause mastitis in cows and sometimes localized infection (as of the skin) in humans
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game