Medical Definition of Poxviridae
: a family of large brick-shaped or ovoid double-stranded DNA viruses that have a fluffy appearance caused by a covering of tubules and threads and that include the vaccinia virus and the causative agents of cowpox, fowl pox, molluscum contagiosum, monkeypox, mousepox, myxomatosis of rabbits, sheep pox, smallpox, sore mouth of sheep, and swine pox
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game