Medical Definition of Pneumocystis
1 : a genus of ascomycetous fungi that were formerly classified as protozoans and include one (P. carinii synonym P. jiroveci) causing pneumonia especially in immunocompromised individuals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?