Medical Definition of Planorbis
: a widely distributed genus of snails that is the type genus of the family Planorbidae, comprises snails having secondarily acquired gills and rather flattened spiral shells, and includes several that are intermediate hosts for schistosomes infecting humans
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?