variants: also Pick disease \ ˈpik- \
Medical Definition of Pick's disease
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a dementia marked by progressive impairment of intellect and judgment and transitory aphasia, caused by progressive atrophic changes of the cerebral cortex, and usually commencing in late middle age
Medical Definition of Pick's disease (Entry 2 of 2)
: pericarditis with adherent pericardium resulting in circulatory disturbances with edema and ascites
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?