Medical Definition of Peritricha
: an order of the class Ciliata comprising protozoans with an enlarged disklike ciliated anterior end leading to the cytostome via a counterclockwise zone near the mouth and with reduced body ciliation and often being attached to the substrate by a contractile stalk
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game