Medical Definition of Perissodactyla
: an order of nonruminant ungulate mammals (as the horse, the tapir, or the rhinoceros) that usually have an odd number of toes, molar teeth with transverse ridges on the grinding surface, and posterior premolars resembling true molars — compare artiodactyla
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?