Medical Definition of Pentastomida
: any of a group of parasitic animals that are considered a class of the phylum Arthropoda or a separate phylum, that lack eyes, a circulatory system, and a respiratory system, that live as adults in the respiratory passages or body cavity of reptiles, birds, or mammals and undergo larval development in similar hosts, and that comprise the tongue worms
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game