Medical Definition of Pediculidae
: a family of lice of the order Anoplura that includes the head louse (Pediculus humanus capitis), the body louse (P. humanus corporis), and the pubic louse (Phthirus pubis) which are the only lice that attack humans
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game