Parinaud's oculoglandular syndromenoun
Medical Definition of Parinaud's oculoglandular syndrome
: conjunctivitis that is often unilateral, is usually characterized by dense local infiltration by lymphoid tissue with tenderness and swelling of the preauricular lymph nodes, and is usually associated with a bacterial infection (as in cat scratch disease and tularemia)
— called also Parinaud's conjunctivitis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game