Medical Definition of Paramyxoviridae
: a family of large single-stranded RNA viruses that have a helical nucleocapsid and lipid-containing envelope and that include the parainfluenza viruses, respiratory syncytial virus, and the causative agents of canine distemper, measles, mumps, Newcastle disease, and rinderpest — see morbillivirus, rubulavirus
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game