Medical Definition of Ornithonyssus
: a genus of mites (family Macronyssidae) that are parasitic on vertebrates and include the rat mite (O. bacoti) and two serious pests (O. bursa and O. sylviarum) of domestic fowl
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?