Medical Definition of Oncomelania
: a genus of amphibious snails (family Bulimidae) of Asian and Pacific island freshwaters that comprises forms which are intermediate hosts of a schistosome (Schistosoma japonicum)
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game