Medical Definition of Nematomorpha
: a phylum that is related to the phylum Aschelminthes and comprises the horsehair worms which were formerly often grouped with the nematodes but are distinguished from these by possession of a true body cavity, gonads discontinuous with their ducts, and an atrophied digestive tract in the adult
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game