Medical Definition of Nemathelminthes
in some classifications
: a phylum including the nematodes and horsehair worms and sometimes the acanthocephalans, rotifers, gastrotrichs, and minute marine organisms of a related class (Kinorhyncha) which are all more or less wormlike animals with a cylindrical unsegmented body covered by an ectoderm without cilia that secretes an external cuticle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game