variants: or Mohs micrographic surgery or Mohs technique
Medical Definition of Mohs surgery
: a surgical technique for the removal of skin cancers (such as basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma) in which tissue is progressively removed to a depth and width at which the tissue is microscopically free of cancer Mohs surgery involves the excision of primarily nonmelanoma skin cancers with intraoperative evaluation of surgical margins with frozen section microscopy.— David Phillips Smack et al., The Journal of the American Medical Association, 25 Sept. 1996
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game