variants: or Mohs micrographic surgery or Mohs technique
Medical Definition of Mohs surgery
: a surgical technique for the removal of skin cancers (such as basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma) in which tissue is progressively removed to a depth and width at which the tissue is microscopically free of cancer Mohs surgery involves the excision of primarily nonmelanoma skin cancers with intraoperative evaluation of surgical margins with frozen section microscopy.— David Phillips Smack et al., The Journal of the American Medical Association, 25 Sept. 1996
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game