Middle East respiratory syndromenoun
Medical Definition of Middle East respiratory syndrome
: mers The virus causing Middle East respiratory syndrome emerged in 2012. It does not spread readily between people, but there are fears it could cause a pandemic if it ever starts. — New Scientist, 1 Feb. 2014
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?