Medical Definition of Merkel's disk
: the disklike expansion of the end of a nerve fiber together with a closely associated Merkel cell that has a presumed tactile function
— called also Merkel's corpuscle
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game