Medical Definition of Meker burner
: a laboratory gas burner that differs from a typical Bunsen burner in having a constriction in the tube and a grid at the top of the burner causing the flame of burning gas to consist of a number of short blue inner cones and a large single outer cone and to be hotter generally than the flame of a Bunsen burner
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?