Medical Definition of Mecistocirrus
: a genus of nematode worms of the family Trichostrongylidae including a common parasite (M. digitatus) of the abomasum of domesticated ruminants and the stomach of swine in both of which it may cause serious loss of blood and digestive disturbances especially in young animals
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?