Medical Definition of Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser syndrome
: a congenital disorder that is marked especially by absence of the vagina, primary amenorrhea, absent or rudimentary uterus, and morphologically normal ovaries and external genitalia and that results from arrested development of the Müllerian ducts during early embryogenesis
— called also Mayer-Rokitansky syndrome, MRKH syndrome, Müllerian agenesis
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?