Medical Definition of Marsupialia
: an order or other taxon of mammals comprising kangaroos, wombats, bandicoots, opossums, and related animals that with few exceptions develop no placenta and usually have a pouch on the abdomen of the female containing the teats and serving to carry the young
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game