Medical Definition of Marsupialia
: an order or other taxon of mammals comprising kangaroos, wombats, bandicoots, opossums, and related animals that with few exceptions develop no placenta and usually have a pouch on the abdomen of the female containing the teats and serving to carry the young
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game