Mallory's triple stainnoun
Medical Definition of Mallory's triple stain
: a stain containing acid fuchsin, aniline blue, and orange G that is used especially for the study of connective tissue
— called also Mallory's stain
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game