Medical Definition of Machupo virus
: a single-stranded RNA virus of the genus Arenavirus (species Machupo virus) that causes a hemorrhagic fever endemic in Bolivia where its natural reservoir is a murid rodent (Calomys callosus)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game