Medical Definition of Leydig cell
: a cell of interstitial tissue of the testis that is usually considered the chief source of testicular androgens and especially testosterone
— called also cell of Leydig, interstitial cell of Leydig
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game