Lewis blood groupnoun
Medical Definition of Lewis blood group
: any of a system of blood groups controlled by a pair of dominant-recessive alleles and characterized by antigens which are released into body fluids, are adsorbed onto the surface of red blood cells, and tend to interreact with the antigens produced by secretors although they are genetically independent of them
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game