Medical Definition of Letterer-Siwe disease
: an acute often fatal disease of young children that is marked by proliferation of Langerhans cells and is characterized especially by fever, anemia, hepatosplenomegaly, and a eczematous skin rash
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game