Medical Definition of Lennox-Gastaut syndrome
: an epileptic syndrome especially of young children that is marked by several seizure types and especially tonic, atonic, and atypical absence seizures, is associated with mild to severe impairment in intellectual functioning, may be idiopathic or have an identifiable cause (as tuberous sclerosis, brain malformation, brain damage resulting from asphyxia during birth or meningitis, or metabolic disease), and is characterized between seizures by an EEG having a slow spike and wave pattern
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game