Medical Definition of Legg-Calvé-Perthes disease
(Entry 1 of 2)
: osteochondritis affecting the bony knob at the upper end of the femur
— called also Legg-Perthes disease, Perthes disease
Medical Definition of Legg-Perthes disease (Entry 2 of 2)
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game